Effective Date: November 1, 2023
Personal information we collect:
Information you submit to us:
- Contact information, such as your first and last name, phone number, email address.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback or otherwise.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our Services, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Information we obtain from third parties:
- We may obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as publicly-available sources and data providers.
Automatic data collection.
We and our service providers may automatically log and combine information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Services, online resources, and our communications, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 4G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, browsing history, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
We use the following tools for automatic data collection:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand website user activity and patterns and for our advertising and marketing efforts. We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. Disabling these cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Analytics cookies. These cookies allow us to analyze website usage so we can measure and improve performance. For example, Google Analytics collects information about how users use our Services, which we then use to compile reports that disclose trends without identifying individual visitors, and help us improve our Services. For more information on Google Analytics, click here.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies are used to deliver advertising that is more relevant to you and your interests. They may also be used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How we use your personal information
- To operate our Services, including to provide, operate, maintain and secure our Services; communicate with you about our Services, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
- Improve, monitor, and personalize the Services, including by understanding your needs and interests, and personalizing your experience with the Services and our communications.
- For research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve our Services and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and disclose it to third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve our Services and promote our business.
- Direct marketing. We may from time-to-time send you direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including, but not limited to, notifying you of special promotions, offers and events via email. You may opt out of our marketing communications as described in the “Opt-out of marketing communications” section below.
- Compliance and protection. We may use personal information to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property; audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies; enforce the terms and conditions that govern our Services; and prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How we disclose your personal information
- Service providers. We may disclose your personal information to third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our Services (such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, insurers, customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, and database management).
- Authorities and others. We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
- Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
- Online tracking opt-out. There are a number of ways to limit online tracking, which we have summarized below. Please note that these opt-out tools are not associated with Gigascale and we cannot guarantee that these tools work as their providers advertise them:
- Blocking cookies on your device. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/. Also, you may use the following links to learn more about how to control cookies and online tracking:
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Platform opt-outs. Some of our advertising partners offer opt-out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising, including Google and Facebook.
Note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
- Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- Other sites, mobile applications and services. Our Services may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
When you apply for one of our open positions, we collect the information that you provide in connection with your job application. This includes but is not limited to business and personal contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume or that you may provide during the interview process. This may also include demographic or diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We may also conduct background checks and receive related information. We also collect personal information from other sources where relevant for your application, such as employment research firms, recruiters, identity verification services, and information that you make publicly available on websites or social media platforms (for example, LinkedIn). Throughout the recruitment process, we may supplement your personal information in connection with the assessment of your application.
We employ a number of technical, organizational, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
The Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to contact us.
Please direct any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices to email@example.com.